We at the Clausthal University of Technology are looking to join project consortium preparing a project proposal for the EU call: Geological Storage Pilots (ID: LC-SC3-NZE-6-2020). We are a multidisciplinary team of scientists under supervision of Prof. Leonhard Ganzer and Prof. Philip Jaeger. We offer expertise in microfluidics applications, core flooding experiments, reservoir simulation and CO2 transport in the pipeline and well integrity.
We have a great background and experience in CO2 storage and enhanced gas recovery studies, including but not limited to:
- CLUSTER – Impacts of impurities in captured CO2 streams from different emitters of a local cluster on transport, injection and storage. This research project was conducted from 01.07.2015 to 30.06.2018 and was sponsored by the Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Energie (BMWi).
- CLEAN– CO2 Large-Scale Enhanced Gas Recovery in the Altmark Natural Gas Field. This project was conducted from 01.07.2008 to 30.06.2011 and was funded by Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF).
- CSEGR– Feasibility Study on the Potential of CO2 Storage for Enhanced Gas Recovery in Mature German Gas Reservoirs. This research project was conducted from 01.04.2005 to 31.10.2008 and was sponsored by Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF).
Prof. Dr. Leonhard Ganzer
Calvin Lumban Gaol
Telefon: +49 5323 72 2449
List of publications related to CO2 storage:
- Pudlo, D., Reitenbach, V., Albrecht, D., Ganzer, L., Gernert, U., Wienand, J., Kohlhepp, B., & Gaupp, R. (2012). The impact of diagenetic fluid–rock reactions on Rotliegend sandstone composition and petrophysical properties (Altmark area, central Germany). Environmental Earth Sciences, 67(2), 369–384. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12665-012-1723-y
- Ganzer, L., Reitenbach, V., Pudlo, D., Albrecht, D., Singhe, A. T., Awemo, K. N., … Gaupp, R. (2013). Experimental and numerical investigations on CO2 injection and enhanced gas recovery effects in Altmark gas field (Central Germany). Acta Geotechnica, 9(1), 39–47. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11440-013-0226-7
- Singhe, A. T., Ursin, J. R., Henninges, J., Pusch, G., & Ganzer, L. (2013). Modeling of Temperature Effects in CO2 Injection Wells. Energy Procedia, 37, 3927–3935. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2013.06.291
- Henkel, S., Pudlo, D., Werner, L., Enzmann, F., Reitenbach, V., Albrecht, D., Würdemann, H., Heister, K., Ganzer, L., & Gaupp, R. (2014). Mineral Reactions in the Geological Underground Induced by H2 and CO2 Injections. Energy Procedia, 63, 8026–8035. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2014.11.839
- Pudlo, D., Henkel, S., Reitenbach, V., Albrecht, D., Enzmann, F., Heister, K., Pronk, G., Ganzer, L., & Gaupp, R. (2015). The chemical dissolution and physical migration of minerals induced during CO2 laboratory experiments: their relevance for reservoir quality. Environmental Earth Sciences, 73(11), 7029–7042. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12665-015-4411-x
- Hagemann, Birger and Strobel, Gion and Kroll, Julian and Ganzer, Leonhard, Core Flooding Experiments Related to the Injectivity During Co2 Storage with Impurities Under In-Situ Conditions. 14th Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies Conference Melbourne 21-26 October 2018 (GHGT-14) . Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3365972