Dr.-Ing. Hanin Samara
- Research Associate, Department of Petroleum Production Systems at Clausthal University of Technology since 2020.
- Energy management and energy efficiency consultant since 2017.
- Project engineer and research associate on supercritical CO2 extraction, Eurotechnica GmbH, 2018-2020.
- M.Sc. in Energy Management Engineering specialized in “Thermal Energy Storage Systems” – University of Jordan, 2014- 2017.
- Project Coordinator, Arab Gulf Oilfield Company, 2011-2012.
- Energy Modelling and Simulation Engineer, Energy Management Systems, 2008-2010.
- B.Sc. in Mechatronics Engineering – Hashemite University of Jordan, 2003-2007.
- Coordination of middle and far east research collaborations
- Teaching assistant oil/gas production bachelor and geothermal energy production master course
- Supervision of bachelor and master work
- High – pressure TGA/Sorption/Wetting equipment and measurements
- Underground Energy Storage, Underground Hydrogen Storage (UHS)
- CO2 Storage, Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS), Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage (CCUS)
- Samara, H., Al-Eryani, M., Jaeger, P., 2022. The role of supercritical carbon dioxide in modifying the phase and interfacial properties of multiphase systems relevant to combined EOR-CCS. Fuel 323, 124271. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2022.124271
- H. Samara and P. Jaeger, “Experimental determination of wetting behavior under non-atmospheric conditions relevant to reservoirs: a practical guide,” SN Appl. Sci., vol. 4, no. 3, p. 85, Mar. 2022
- J. Wang, H. Samara, P. Jaeger, V. Ko, D. Rodgers, and D. Ryan, “Investigation for CO 2 Adsorption and Wettability of Reservoir Rocks,” Energy Fuels, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 1626–1634, Feb. 2022.
- Samara, H., Jaeger, P., 2021. Driving Mechanisms in CO2-Assisted Oil Recovery from Organic-Rich Shales. Energy Fuels 35, 10710–10720.
- Sauerer, B., Furmann, A., Fernandes, A., Samara, H., Jaeger, P., Al-Ayed, O., Abdallah, W., 2021. Assessing extreme maturities – Challenging examples from immature Jordanian to overmature Far Eastern unconventional formations. Marine and Petroleum Geology 129, 105103.Wang, J., Ryan, D., Samara, H., Jaeger, P., 2020. Interactions of CO2 with Hydrocarbon Liquid Observed from Adsorption of CO2 in Organic-Rich Shale. Energy Fuels 34, 14476–14482.
- Wang, J., Jaeger, P., Samara, H., Ryan, D., 2019. Simultaneous Evaluation of Time-dependent Phase and Wetting Properties of Hydrocarbon liquids for CO2 Enhanced Recovery of Oil and Gas from Tight Reservoirs. Energy Fuels acs.energyfuels.9b03576.
- Li, K., Samara, H., Wang, X., Jaeger, P., Ganzer, L., Wegner, J., Xie, L., 2019. Reservoir Characteristics and Resource Potential of Oil Shale in Sultani Area, Central of Jordan, in: Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference. Presented at the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference, Society of Petroleum Engineers, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Samara, H., Ke, L., Ostrowski, T. v., Ganzer, L., Jaeger, P., 2019. Unconventional oil recovery from Al Sultani tight rock formations using supercritical CO2. The Journal of Supercritical Fluids 152, 104562.
Telephone: +49 5323 72 3061
Telefax: +49 5323 72 3146
Institute of Subsurface Energy Systems
Building C 21, Room 305